Posted: Nov 11, 2009 16:07
As I meet with people in this community on my campaign for Boundary County Commissioner for 2010, it has been brought to my attention that there are those that are labeling me as a "radical". Since that gave me pause to consider, I decided to analyze this term and the following is what I came up with to determine, at least for me, what a "radical" is.
- If you believe that our elected officials should be responsible to the people that put them in office… you may be a radical.
- If you believe that patriotism is not dead and that the principles that our forefathers put forth to form this nation are still valid… you may be a radical.
- If you believe that free enterprise and reaping the rewards of hard work is better than the redistribution of your hard earned income to those that do not want to produce… you may be a radical.
- If you believe that government should be transparent, accountable and honest instead of corrupt, secretive and greedy… you may be a radical.
- If you know the difference between right and wrong and stick by your principles and values, even when it hurts… you may be a radical.
- If you worry about the future and fate of your children and grandchildren in today's world… you may be a radical.
- If you want less government in your life, not more and believe in the US Constitution and Bill of Rights as they were written… you may be a radical.
- If you are tired of standing on the sidelines as part of the silent majority and are ready to try to make a difference in helping your community to not just survive, but to thrive… you may be a radical.
- If you are not afraid to stand up to bullies with personal agendas, power hungry egos that have a lack of understanding of the challenges the people of this community are going through… you may be a radical.
- If you believe in the phrases "one nation under God", "in God we trust" and are proud to say the pledge of allegiance to our flag… you may be a radical.
- If you still believe in freedom, liberty, justice, the rule of law and the American way of life… you may be a radical.
So please continue to label me as a "radical". It will be a badge of honor for me to wear because, according to the above, I am most definitely a "radical".
Primary is May 25th, 2010