Great News!! Mountain Springs Church will be coming back together for worship services at 8:30am and 10:30am this Sunday morning, May 3 in the church sanctuary!
As you know, Idaho has been under a stay-at-home order for several weeks in response to the Covid-19 Pandemic. MSC leadership made a decision at the outset of the shutdown to substitute online services in place of live services and to also suspend all small group gatherings. Our decisions in this regard were not made simply to comply with a government order, but because we wanted to honor God (Romans 13:1-7), love our neighbors and practice good and wise citizenship. The Elders wish to thank every one of you for your patience and endurance during this very difficult time. This has truly been a great testimony to the spiritual maturity of our congregation.
On April 23, 2020 Governor Brad Little issued guidelines for reopening Idaho beginning May 1. The reopening will continue through 4 stages as certain state level criteria are met. In the current Stage 1, worship services resume, as well as Life Groups, Bible Studies and Youth Group.
We want to continue loving one another well as we begin assembling together again. The virus is still active and can be especially dangerous for some. Therefore, we ask that you continue the practice of social distancing 6 feet through this period. We have laid out the sanctuary accordingly.
• Seating rows are centered every 6 feet.
• Families may sit together in the center and left sections of the sanctuary. Leave 2 chairs empty between families please. Children will need to stay with mom & dad for now.
• Individuals please sit in the section on the right side of the sanctuary. Spacing between chairs has been provided for.
Please plan on arriving a few minutes early, as we wish to maintain spacing as everyone enters the sanctuary and finds seating. Seats will have been sanitized before each service. In addition to adhering to social distancing, prayerfully consider these protocols for safety sake:
• Stay home if you are sick.*
• Stay home if you are vulnerable due to age and/or preexisting conditions.*
• Practice good hand hygiene (hand washing stations provided at the front entrance).
• Cover coughs or sneezes. Wearing a face covering is recommended (e.g. a mask, bandana or scarf). MSC has only a limited supply of face masks to borrow.
• Please no handshaking or hugs right now.
*Note: Both 1st and 2nd services will be live streamed on idaho.church Sunday.
The Elders do apologize in advance if these protocols seem a bit burdensome. Be assured though that the spiritual and physical well-being of this congregation are a top priority for the Elders. We are also confident that you join us in desiring to be considerate of one another (Philippians 2:3-4).
See you on Sunday!!
The Elders of Mountain Springs Church